lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2008

Assignment 4


Reviewing my classmates’ blogs, I’d have to say Daniel Castillo’s blog is my favorite one. The layout it’s clean and simple easy to read. His posts are well written, (with the obvious mistakes we second language speakers make) very clear and straightforward. One can also notice a progress in his writing skills.
What caught my attention about this blog is the art post because Klimt is one of my favorite painters. Danel’s analysis and interpretation of The Kiss it’s accurate and it shows he understands the artist’s work. My only complaint is that his lacking a picture of the painting, that would have made it much more attractive.
On his firs assignment, Daniel must have been the most sincere of all. Wikipedia is a very popular website among students because its easy to use and has all the basic information one could need. but his sincerity reflects on the following statement “but when I’m on vacation I don’t like to visit it, because it is associated with the responsibilities that you can forget during the summer.” we all feel that way but hardly any have the courage to admit it, besides it made me laugh.
He’s summery on the “anthropological news” well summarized; it had all the information of the article on a few lines.
I’d also like to mention Daniela Soto’s blog, especially her lacuerda post. it was the site that helped me learn how to play the guitar and I’d forgotten all about it until I read her blog. I’d like to abstain from commenting which is my least favorite post, the idea of bashing my classmates’ work online is not that pleasant.

Link to Daniel's blog:http://spectacularenglish.blogspot.com/

1 comentario:

Juan Luzzi dijo...

Antonia,
You’ve done a thorough analysis of your classmates’ blogs. Your writing is clear, to the point and entertaining. In addition, the art you have included in your posts is great.
Congratulations.
JL

Reviewing my classmates’ blogs, I’d have to say Daniel Castillo’s blog is my favorite one. The layout IS clean and simple. IN ADDITION / FURTHERMORE, IT’S easy to read. His posts are well written, (with the obvious mistakes we second language speakers make) very clear and straightforward. One can also notice a progress in his writing skills.
What caught my attention about this blog is the art post because Klimt is one of my favorite painters. Daniel’s analysis and interpretation of The Kiss ARE accurate and THEY show he understands the artist’s work. My only complaint is (-) his lacking a picture of the painting. That would have made it much more attractive.
On his firsT assignment, Daniel must have been the most sincere of all. Wikipedia is a very popular website among students because it’s easy to use and has all the basic information one could need. But his sincerity IS BEST REFLECTED IN the following statement “but when I’m on vacation I don’t like to visit it, because it is associated with the responsibilities that you can forget during the summer.” we all feel that way but hardly any haS the courage to admit it, besides it made me laugh.
HIS summAry on the “anthropological news” IS well MADE / CARRIED OUT; it had all the information of the article on a few lines.
I’d also like to mention Daniela Soto’s blog, especially her lacuerda post. It was the site that helped me learn how to play the guitar and I’d forgotten all about it until I read her blog. I’d like to abstain from commenting ON which is my least favorite post, the idea of bashing my classmates’ work online is not EXACTLY pleasant.


(*) reflect on something : reflexionar sobre algo
be reflected in: reflejarse en / verse reflejado en

(*)” it’s” versus”is” : Make sure not to include a pronoun unnecessarily:

The layout is clean = It’s clean